Thursday, May 13, 2010

World of Warcraft - first card

Posted by Micah at 7:33 AM
Thanks to some inspiration from this post on the WoW Ladies livejournal community, I've created my first World of Warcraft themed card! It's an extremely simple design, I'm worried about copyrights so I'm avoiding using images from the game itself (like character models and such) and instead focusing on parody.


(Image shows both gold and white emboss)

In the game itself the yellow exclamation mark indicates there is a quest for you to pick up. When you pick up the quest there is a white question mark. When you've completed the quest that question mark turns yellow, letting you know that this is where you turn in the quest.

I used Barely Banana paper (mostly because I have WAY too much of it) and Summer Sun ink to give the gradient look. I tried the sentiment in both white and gold emboss, I think I prefer the white but need to get both an embossing buddy and finer (detail) embossing powder. (Embossing buddy helps keep stray embossing powder from getting stuck in the wrong spots due to static cling.)


Here's the inside of the card with the gold emboss. Overall I'm satisified with it, I'd definately make more of these for WoW friends. The generic Congratulations works with just about any occassion, especially when the WoW folk start getting "punny".

Thanks for the inspiration Ladies (and Gents) of WoW Ladies!

0 comments:

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting