Thursday, November 18, 2010

Two more layouts

Posted by Micah at 7:55 PM
Hi everyone!

In a couple months my oldest... my first baby... will be FOUR. I've been a mother for almost four years! Hard to believe my mother was right about how "time flies".


On Koen's first birthday we got a huge cake (and I mean so big you could have smuggled him out of the house in it) with a train on it. Even at 12 months he was all about the trains. We cut the cake in half and planted one half on the tray of his high chair. It took a while before he dug in, he wasn't sure what was expected. But soon he was getting icing all over the place (he was only wearing a diaper for a reason, mommy thought ahead).


With the birth of our third, Elora, we are certain we are finished. Sometimes I hold her and get a little weepy knowing she'll always be my littlest, my baby girl.


The picture in this layout was taken at my mother's place when Elora was only a couple months old. Kerowyn had just turned two, which means Koen is three and a half. No wonder I'm so tired all the time!!


Both layouts are from Leisa's monthly CTMH gathering.

If you live in the Calgary area and would like to make layouts and cards like those you find in my journal, I'll be starting a monthly gathering of my own come the new year and there are still some seats available! The way it works is you promise to spend $35 at each party and the group members take turns hosting (and so take turns getting all the free stuff you get for hosting). It's a great way to get to know some new crafters or reconnect with old friends. Give me a shout if you think you might be interested!

9 comments:

Sparkly Pink Star said...

pretty pages!

Renee said...

Awe...... What a cute story. Time really does fly my first born will be 17 in Jan and my little one will be 11 in Jan. I too get teary eyed looking at my youngest!
Love the layouts!

Kathy and Lucky said...

These are so sweet and I just love the layout and the papers. Maybe I need to just hire you to do my scrapbooking, they are so cute. The pictures are a big awwwww. How cute and what great memories. Have a great weekend.

Sandi said...

love your layouts...too cute...

Andrea said...

I absolutely LOVE this layout! and am wondering how I can translate this to a card. :)

jimlynn said...

Wonderful pages and those photographs are adorable. So cute.
Lynn

Anne Marie Hile said...

Great pages and your photos of your kiddos are too cute! I wish I lived closer to you because I would love to get together and scrapbook! I sooo need the motivation and inspiration. :)

KER said...

you do such great pages...boys and trains just go together so well...and the three surrounded by the quilt blocks looks like they are all gonna snuggle

Jenn Joncas said...

Fabulous layouts Ruth! Don't you love the first birthdays and letting them dig into the cake?!
My oldest just turned 16 on Friday!! You want to talk about time flying!!! It seems like just yesterday he was a teeny tiny newborn in my arms!! and now he towers over me a foot and a bit at 6'2"!! We have 4 kids and after our 3rd we debated on a 4th but that decision was made for us (: after my daughter (#4) though I KNEW I was done. I think you know in your heart (:

I love the second layout!! I keep wanting to do one like it but still haven't.The stitching is great!!

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting