Saturday, November 20, 2010

Christmas Ornaments

Posted by Micah at 11:29 PM
I fell in love with Close to My Heart's "Dimensional Elements: Ornaments" (no word of a lie, I bought 4 packs!). You get six ornaments (2 large, 2 teardrop, 1 oblong and 1 small) to play around with and tons of options on how to decorate them.


Take, for example, the pink one I've got here. The chipboard design is partially covered with the design paper (Jingle paper, inked with tulip) to set it apart from the other three I have (four packs, remember? hehe). I added some flowers and a butterfly from Spring Blossom flower pack. And, of course, for my little diva... some bity sparkles!


For the larger ornament I used the Mistletoe paper, chocolate ink and some pearls. I decided to add the top piece of chipboard on an angle to better frame the faces of my husband and youngest. On the back of each ornament I've put the names of those in the photo and the date. I won't say who is getting which ornaments since I know my mom reads this blog (hi mom!) but I think they'll be well recieved.


Thanks for checking in! I'm not posting as frequently right now because I'm working on a new commission piece. So excited!

13 comments:

Big Red Scraps said...

These are great!

Mary G. said...

How beautiful!!! Beautifully done!

Anne Marie Hile said...

These are adorable, Ruth! I just love how you dressed them up with the bling (of course) and the floral accents. What a great gift idea that can be enjoyed every year. Love it! :)

Good Kardma by Jules said...

What lovely ornaments! It's so nice to make a keepsake like those. Love the bling and the embellishments!

starfire said...

Love love love these! Especially the pink one. I like that you made a Christmas ornament that isn't decorated Christmas-y.

Kathy and Lucky said...

These are so pretty and the way you have decorated them up, is so gorgeous! I can see these hanging on a mantel or bookcase all year long for all to enjoy and just for the holidays, such a great idea. I can see why you would want so many, perfect. Good luck on your commission piece how exciting.

Renee said...

Awe.... they are fantastic. You have inspires me to get mine out and play. Tahnks!!! I really love the one with the butterfly and flowers!! Nicely done!! TFS!!!

Unknown said...

These are so cute. I've had some chipboard ornaments for a couple years, just sitting there, not knowing what to do with them. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

KER said...

these are wonderful...what precious keepsakes these are

Louise F NZ said...

These are really fabulous! Awesome idea.

Sparkly Pink Star said...

these are awesome!

Imke said...

Very awesome and a great little gift idea !!

Unknown said...

These ornaments are such a great idea! thanks for sharing

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting