Friday, November 12, 2010

Aspen Paper

Posted by Micah at 7:00 AM
Oh Aspen, how I love thee so. This single page layout uses, yup, you guessed it, Aspen paper from Close to My Heart. It's still available in a Level 1 Kit, but no longer in the Level 2.

This particular page is from last year's monthly group (again, led by Leisa). The photo mounts are actually vellum paper that has been stamped with snowflakes and sponged with white ink. It doesn't show well in the photo (thank you phone camera) but it looks great in person!

White core cardstock is great for this kind of page, you can rip the paper and get that stark contrast of the cardstock colour and the white core.

As for the pictures... that's my boy Koen when he's almost a year old. It was his first time in the snow. At first he was pretty stoked, then he really wasn't impressed. Since he still wasn't crawling (I know right??) he just looked up and started wailing at us to pick him up. As a result, I only got a couple photos. That's my boy!

6 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Another great page, this is great, love the use of the vellum. Oh, the pictures how sweet, Koen has a killer smile! Have an awesome weekend, Lucky and I are off to pick out a toy.

KER said...

adorable...and the layout is fun...the contrast as you mentioned really stands out

Erin said...

Oh, I love it! I like the cardstock contrast a LOT. I always liked that look.

Elizabeth Schaffer Miranda said...

Love your layout, so fun! Those pictures of your little boy are priceless :) Truly adorable!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is great! Love that stamped vellum behind the photos and your little guy is such a cutie. Your page title is just perfect! :)

Laurie HIMCR said...

Adoarable pages! And what a cute subject!!!!!!! TFS!

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting