Sunday, November 7, 2010

Another rejected card

Posted by Micah at 7:00 AM
Close shave for this guy, but he didn't quite make the cut. (Don't you just love it when people mix metaphores!) Once again I'm using the Mistletoe paperpack, with the stamp set Nature's Gift.
The bear is popped up and she's been sprayed with Stampin' Up's "smooch spritz" and I used Stampin' Up punches to back the sentiment and do the scallop border. The rest of the materials are Close to My Heart.
Were I to do this one again I think I would either use a lighter green on the tree (I'm using New England Ivy here) or do the Stamp Off technique (thank you Colleen for the suggestion).
I'm going to go back to using the Jingle paper pack and do a whimsical card for the fourth card in my kit.

8 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Aww, sorry this one didn't make the "cut" (that cracked me up, by the way). I really like this one. That paper is gorgeous and I love the wood-sy feel to this one. You really are creating some beautiful cards for your event! :)

Big Red Scraps said...

I really like this one. I haven't used that set to make Christmas cards yet, but I definitely will now.

Tammy Zacharias said...

Well I think it's cute. I like the bear....and his whimsical fur.....can't wait to see what #4 looks like!

Kathy and Lucky said...

I like it :), love how the bear is popped up, the paper is beautiful love all the snowflakes at least on the paper not at my house. You are really on a roll with your cards, they are all beautiful.

Miranda said...

I agree with the other commenters, really like this one!

KER said...

i really like this...somewhat masculine with the bear and the brown and green...popping up the bear makes it right

MiamiKel said...

Oh I'm digging this card! I like it! Not sure what it didn't make the cut for, but it's a cutie! I love this paper, I have been eyeballing it but will have to oogle a little longer, rofl - nicely done!

Laurie HIMCR said...

This card is fantastic!

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting