Friday, November 26, 2010

Another jaunt down memory lane

Posted by Micah at 8:00 AM


I wish there was a way to bottle the essence of a baby to enjoy again once they are older and able to, oh... speak. "No, mommy!" is what I hear often these days. Ah well. Here's another older page of my oldest, his first time (or close enough to it) eating. I feel so bad for the little guy... you know how you're suppose to give them something easy to digest, like rice cereal. Well, I mixed up the boxes and gave him OAT cereal. He had such a belly ache.
Course there's the time I swear I mutilated him. I slipped while clipping his fingernails and made him cry. There was blood. I didn't clip his nails for months afterward. Even now when I'm clipping any of them (from 6 months to 4 years) I hold my breath and tense up.
This was so long ago I don't even remember where the paper came from! I used a corner punch and stickers from Creative Memories though. A friend loaned me a stencil for the letters that really went well with the blue design paper.
Let you in on a little secret... the letters are all wonky cause I know I wouldn't be able to line them up. I think it works okay though.
I'm making great progress on the commission card, soon I'll be diving into some of the other projects I've wanted to work on. I'm thinking of making an Explosion Box! They look fun!
Thanks for checking in!

8 comments:

Andrea said...

Oh how cute! the baby and the layout!! :)

Courtney Milburn said...

Cute layout! I am going through this stage now with my second. I have two girls, a 19 month old and a 5 month old.

Cheryl said...

Oh I remember these days with my daughter. We were just looking at a similar page in her scrapbook.

Very nice layout. The pictures are adorable.


Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. Your comment about your daughter wanting to see Santa to ask for the "pwetty snowmans" made me smile.

Fiona said...

Aaaaah! These pages bring back memories for me....can't believe my 'little mouse' is 39 and the 'baby' is 36!! Make the most of these days, Ruth - you won't believe how quickly they pass!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I loved reading your stories! We don't have kiddos yet and I have always been terrified of the mishaps I would have from a lack of experience and knowledge. I guess that's how you learn the ropes, huh? This layout is so cute...the tilted latters make it so fun. :)

Kathy and Lucky said...

What a beautiful layout and the memories are wonderful. Glad I am not the only one who did not clip nails when they were little. Let Kerwoyn, know Lucky didn't get the turkey, my husbands had was holding, him, I cropped that out. :) She is a good girl though knowing that he should not be up there.

Suz said...

What a sweetie...
I found you through the CTMH bulletin boards...would love it if you have time to follow me, too...http://suzwinter.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful page. The pictures are priceless. Come over to my blog for a quick peek. I have something there for you at this post: http://catscrapfever.blogspot.com/2010/12/i-was-awarded-and-award.html

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting