Monday, November 1, 2010

Hallowe'en related

Posted by Micah at 2:25 PM
Well, it's All Hallows and I promised pictures of Hallow's Eve. I have better... videos!

But first a picture of a mask I made for a Masquerade. I wanted to go as a medusa so I dressed in a roman stola and palla and carried this mask that I made from fabric that matched my outfit. I tied some more of the satin braids into my hair (they had wires in them to make them stand out a bit).

Lots and lots and lots of hot glue. And fabric paint. Ooooh the fabric paint.

Ah well, it was a fun night.

As I said before, the kids put to rest the idea of going as the three pigs, so we ended up with a "pretty witch" and "Woody" from Toy Story. Here's a couple videos of them just before we headed out trick or treating.






This was their first time trick or treating and it was a bit of a challenge getting them to understand at first. But once they got it, ooooh boy did they get it. "wait, what? we get FREE CANDY?" We had a great time with Colleen from DragonFlyInk and her two boys (who were dressed as Batman and a cow).

2 comments:

Kathy and Lucky said...

Oh my goodness, so cute and so sweet! I miss those days, having my DS at 19 and DD at 11. Treasure those moments always. TFS.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Wow - what a great mask! Lots of work - I'm sure it went over great!!
Kids are just adorable! I'm sure they had fun!!!
Maria

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting