Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tri-Shutter card, first attempt

Posted by Micah at 8:12 PM
I like to browse a site called Splitcoast Stampers where they provide a place to showcase your cards and other paper crafts. They also have a section that has tutorials where I learned how to make a tri-shutter card. When you view the resources you can also view the gallery dedicated to that tutorial, that's where I found a modified version of the tri-shutter that shows the full front of the card.



On this card I used the Stampin' Up stamp sets "Wonderful Words" and "Thoughts & Prayers". The paper (and stickers) is a collection from Close to My Heart called, I believe, Precious. To create the flower on the front I used the Stampin' Up scallop punch, cut at every other point for petals and curved the edges with a bone folder. I distressed the paper, added a plain white fabric flower and topped with a pearl accent.



This card was very time consuming! The effect is rather neat but I dislike how little space there is to write a personal sentiment. The stamped sentiment reads, "Thinking of You... please know that I care."

0 comments:

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting