Friday, May 7, 2010

Children's Birthday

Posted by Micah at 10:17 AM
Today was a day of making Children's Birthday cards. I've never been good at the whimsical cards so this is my first go of it.

This frog card is from a stamp set called "Fun Times" by Close to my Heart. I used Stampin' Up paper, Barely Banana and Certainly Celery with a corrosponding patterned paper. I'm very happy with the effect! The inside is stamped with "Happy Birthday" and has another pair of flies.

This lion card is a "scrap lift" from Colleen Hilchie who demonstrated the dragonfly card (found below) at one of our card paries. On the lion card I used a Close to my Heart stamp set again called "In the Wild" and a set of paw prints from a store bought stamp set I have. I used Stampin' Up paper and inks in Close to Cocoa, Really Rust and Summer Sun.

I really liked the unique design of this card. The base is 11x4.25 with score marks at 3 and 5.75. The front "plate" is 5.25x4... careful with the adhesive, you don't want the whole "plate" sticky!!

0 comments:

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting