Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Bleaching

Posted by Micah at 12:37 PM
My project today was to work on my Father-in-Law's birthday card, since I don't want to post that until he's seen it I'm posting some of my older cards! This card was demonstrated by Chris Dumont who use to work for Stampin' Up. Using an outline stamp and black embossing powder you stamp and emboss your image. Then you take a small amount of bleach (bleach pens for your purse don't work here!) and a paint brush and "paint" the bleach in various spots. The embossing keeps the bleach in place and the paper reacts to the chemical. Really neat technique! Thank you Chris!

Here's a card I made inspired by Leisa Hubley (her link is on the side of the page) with Close to my Heart. The stamp set is from Close to my Heart called "Playin' Hard". The brads are from Michaels and are SUPER CUTE. The arm of the digger actually moves thanks to the brads. It's just a matter of stamping the image a couple times and cutting out the pieces, putting them together with brads. It's hard to tell but the screw brads are on textured cardstock. Thanks for the inspiration Leisa!

0 comments:

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting