Thursday, July 22, 2010

Happy Birthday - for a friend

Posted by Micah at 5:00 AM
Calanthe wrote, "I would kill for a birthday card with that hedgehog on! He's so sweet, and my mother loves hedgehogs... :)" on my last blog entry. Well, she's my best friend so I can hardly deny her! But I assured her she doesn't have to kill anyone. Here are the fruits of my labours.

I used a Close to My Heart scrapbooking kit called "Miracle" which has made an appearance previously in one of my crafts. The irony here is that I'd originally made that craft FOR Calanthe but wasn't happy with the quality once I'd finished it.


Look!! I'm trying to take more creative photos... I keep seeing these nifty detail shots in other blogs. Mind you, I don't have a fancy photo box (where would I put it that the toddlers wouldn't get to it??) so I just use two pieces of cork. One on my desk, the other leaning against my monitor. You can usually tell if I've taken the photo at night since the natural light makes daytime photos more vibrant.

At any rate, as you can see I used two different sizes of dimentionals again so that the middle balloon is slightly higher. Loving this stamp set!! CTMH's "Happy Forever". The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's "Full of Life" (I use this stamp set SO MUCH!)

4 comments:

Dixie said...

What an adorable card, and how sweet of you to respond to your friend's request (so quickly too).

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Great!! Love the balloons popped up. I have a light box and my pics still aren't that great! Pretty frustrating!
Oh well :)

Maria

Kathy and Lucky said...

I agree, love the hedghog! :) Very cute card. Lucky has a Hedgehog, may have to get a picture of that for Kerowyn.

Dori Shelton said...

Very very cute! Love the hedgehog

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting