Thursday, July 8, 2010

Casket Treat Box

Posted by Micah at 2:06 PM
I found this Marth Stewart Template for a Casket Treat Box a while back and told myself I'd wait until closer to Hallowe'en to make it. Partly because I don't have any Hallowe'en related stamp sets other than one "Happy Halloween" from the All Holidays stamp set from Stampin' Up. The top caption reads, "Life. Make it Count."


I used Sahara Sand paper because I have far, FAR, too much of it and need to use it up. Besides, doing three dimentional projects is easier with proper cardstock instead of patterned paper! Aside from "All Holidays" I used "Make it Count" also from Stampin' Up. The other colors are Summer Sun, Pumpkin Pie, Basic Black, Bravo Burgundy (text), and Creamy Caramel (sponging). I'm so happy to find a use for Creamy Caramel, it's one of the few colors I've never used before! The project measures 6 inches long by 3 inches wide (at the wide point) by just under 2 inches tall. It's big enough to be used for pencils or small toys.

This one is for you Colleen G. I know how much you like Hallowe'en stuff and it was your recent birthday that inspired me to make this early!

On a totally related note, my 3.5 year old son was watching Mister Maker (what? T.V. is how I can make a craft during the day, don't judge me! hehe) while I was making this project. He said, "Mommy, what you doin'?". I replied, "I'm making a box, honey". He pondered this a moment and nodded, "mommy, you misser maker," and returned to watching his program. I am excited to know I have reached such heights of esteem in my son's mind. *snerk*

0 comments:

 

Stamp Off, Eh! Copyright © 2011 Design by Ipietoon Blogger Template | web hosting